- Solvent extraction.
- Mining workshop.
- Wash bay systems.
- Oil storage.
- Bulk fuel storage facilities.
- Storm water run-off from contaminated areas.
- Process water treatment.
- Produced water.
- Brine filtration.
- Fire water protection.
- Heat exchanger protection.
- Secondary recovery treatment.
- Tertiary recovery and process.
- Cooling water.
- Locally manufactured.
- 30 years experience.
- Lower capital cost.
- Decreased maintenance.
- Simple and reliable.
- Solids transfer and handling.
- Easy installation
Types Of Oil Removed
Free Oil –Oil droplets greater than 150 micron.
Emulsified Oil –Oil droplets < 150 and > 2 micron.
Dissolved Oil –Oil droplets < 2 micron.
Solids Coated with Oil –Heavy solids more dense than water.
Separation Efficiency Of Hydraspin
- 95% removal of 10 micron oil droplets.
- Other gravity based technologies only removes a portion of free oil.
- Industrial process water has a mean particle size of 60-80 micron due to mechanical and chemical sharing.
- Environmental legislation today requires Hydraspin
How Does The Hydraspin Separator Work
- Oily water is pumped tangentially into the hydrocyclone which initiates a spinning vortex.
- The spinning vortex is accelerated as it moves down the tapered hydrocyclone, separating the heavier water phase to the outside walls while the lighter oil phase moves to the center.
- The separated oil is removed through a reject orifice located in the inlet head section and treated water discharges through the narrow section