Diesel Electric Services has a vacancy for skilled/semi-skilled Boilermakers
Diesel Electric Services is seeking the skill of Skilled/ Semi Skilled Boilermakers
to start immediately – to start at our Gauteng based company.
- 6 Month contract to permanent based on performance.
Task and Responsibilities*
*The Purpose of the position is to:*
- Adherence to technical drawings, including locations, relationship and dimensions of parts.
- Study technical drawings together with the Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine material requirements and sequencing.
- Verify the conformance of materials to specifications, using various measuring tools, including squares, rulers and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts/components according to specifications. Locate and mark work-piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for thickness of machine and welding shrinkage and other specifications.
- Set up and operate fabrication machines such as flamer cutters, rolls, etc.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat bend, grind or bolt parts to obtain required configurations to weld in various positions (flat, vertical and overhead)
- Ensuring that the correct PPE, tools and equipment is used for the task at hand.
- Adherence to all safety regulations of the company.
- Good housekeeping is imperative and you will be required to ensure your area is kept neat, tidy and safe; this includes sweeping and dusting on a regular basis.
- Perform all reasonable duties as directed from time-to-time in order to achieve project or company objectives.
*Skills and Experience.*
- Communication in English (Verbal and Written)
- 5 years experience in boilermaking trade.
- Thick wall large bore flame cutting experience.
- Fluent in English language
- Ability to work in a concise manner to ensure delivery of boilermaking requirements.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proper understanding of flame cutting of large bore pipes
- Knowledge of boilermaking activities
CV’s to be forwarded to: email@example.com
Submit Your CV